Thank you for considering St. Francis of Assisi School.
Please take a look around our website. If you have questions, we would love to hear from you! If you would like to schedule a tour or would like more information about St. Francis Catholic School, please complete our Request Information online form or call the school office at (515) 457-7167.
- Iowa Assessments – 92% of students grades 3rd-8th are proficient in math.
- Iowa Assessments – 89% of student grades 3rd-8th are proficient in reading
- Intervention teams and processes are used building-wide to support and enrich student learning.
- St. Francis students grow in their Catholic faith and beliefs.
- Students begin and end each day in prayer.
- Gospel teachings are integrated into the curriculum.
- Weekly Liturgies and monthly prayer services guide students in their faith formation.
- Preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion occurs with the classroom teacher in tandem with Faith Formation Parish staff.
- Students in 5th grade have 1st grade buddies while 8th graders mentor Kindergarteners.
- 6th, 7th and 8th grade students have the opportunity to apply to represent our school as a student ambassador.
- Each month students choose a mission to support through an out of uniform day.
- Middle school student are required to log service hours each trimester.
- On the 3rd Wednesday of each month, students can help provide a meal for Connection Cafe. Contact Stacey Dorsey to get on the email list.
STEM and Technology
- STEM Lab utilized by all grade levels with a dedicated team of teachers.
- 1-1 Chromebooks in grades 3-8.
- Ipads and Chromebook Carts for K-2 Grades.
- SMART TVs used in Kindergarten, 3rd and 4th grade.