Students are expected to come to school neatly dressed and well groomed. Uniform shirts and blouses are to be tucked in at all times. Pants and shorts should not be tight and are to be worn at the waist. Dress code will be enforced from the time students arrive until dismissal.
· Plain navy or white polo, blouse or turtleneck.
· Must have collar and sleeves and must be tucked in.
· No logo except approved SFA logos.
· Middle school students can wear dark green.
· Solid navy or white
· Approved styles are cardigan, vest, V-neck and crew neck.
· Approved uniform shirt MUST be worn underneath.
· Must be waist length, and hoods are not permitted.
· SFA sweatshirts or SFA approved fleece.
· Approved uniform shirt MUST be worn underneath
· Navy or Khaki
· Shorts must be worn at the waist and may not be shorter than 3” below the knee
· Capris and shorts may be worn from April through October
· No baggy, extra pockets (cargo/painter), loops or ankle zippers, dragging hems, low rise or tight fitted bottoms allowed.
BELTS: 2nd through 8th grade
· Belts must be worn with clothing that has belt loops.
· Extra belt length must be worn in belt loops.
Shoes must be closed toe, closed heel, and hard soled. No wheels.
GENERAL DRESS CODE:
· Hair colors, facial hair, make-up, hats or jewelry that draw undue attention or are disruptive are not permitted.
· Girls may wear post earrings only. Earrings are not to hang below the earlobes.
· Boys are not allowed to wear earrings.
· No body piercing is allowed.
· Hair should be clean and neatly groomed.
· Boys’ hair length should be at or above the collar and no longer than mid-ear on the sides.
· Tattoos, including temporary, washable tattoos, are not permitted. Decals, stickers, sequins, glitter many not be worn.
· Tight fitting clothing of any kind is not considered appropriate to our environment.
· Scouts may wear their uniform shirt/blouse on their meeting day.
PURCHASING DRESS CODE ITEMS:
· Local stores carry dress code appropriate shirts, pants, shorts, capris, as well as plain sweatshirts and polo shirts.
· Home and School will periodically host used uniform sales.
· Image Solutions carries a short sleeved polo, long sleeve polo, mock turtleneck, uniform sweatshirt, uniform fleece, PE uniform (6-8 only), and spirit wear.
· Visit http://www.landsend.com/school to see their selection of clothing that meets our dress code. Be sure to mention the Saint Francis uniform code (900058330) when placing your order.
REQUIRED ATTIRE FOR PHYSICAL EDUCATION:
Kindergarten through eight must have socks and tennis shoes for PE for student safety and the protection of the gym floor. Middle school students wear PE uniforms, which are purchased through Image Solutions.
All students are expected to dress appropriately for winter weather. Students will be outside unless the temperature is zero degrees or below including wind chill. During the winter months, encourage students to wear mittens, hats, heavy coats and boots. For the health of each student, boots/overshoes are expected in wet and snowy weather. Students should bring an extra pair of shoes to wear inside when they wear boots.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
The last Friday of each month, which is a school day, is designated as a mission day. On this day students are allowed to be out of uniform, provided that they participate in the mission. We ask that the following guidelines be followed on out of uniform days:
· No baggy, tight, or torn clothing, no sleeveless shirts, or short shorts.
· No yoga pants, or writing on the backside of pants.
· Clothing must be appropriate for a Catholic School Setting.
SPIRIT WEAR DAYS
St. Francis of Assisi or DCHS spirit shirt can be worn on spirit wear day, which is the second school Tuesday of each month. Spirit wear must be worn with uniform pants.
Dress Code for Parochial School Dances
In effort to promote modesty, dignity, self respect, and respect of others, the following dress code will be enforced at all parochial school dances:
- No shorts or skirts. Jeans, pants, slacks, capris, corduroys are acceptable.
- Shirts must have sleeves. T-shirts, polo style, turtlenecks, button downs, sweatshirts, sweaters, and fleece are acceptable. No sleeveless shirts, tank tops or strapless shirts.
- Shirts must fit appropriately. Bare midriffs, low cut, or tight shirts are not allowed and are not appropriate attire in keeping with the guidelines of modesty and dignity.
The parochial school dances are a privilege, not a right. This means the privilege can be taken away if a student’s words, actions or attire do not merit the privilege. Students who misuse the privilege of attending the dance will be removed immediately and their parents will be contacted to pick them up.
Seventh and eighth grade students may participate in inter-parochial dances. The following rules apply: *Sixth grade students may be invited to attend the May parochial school dance.*
1. All students must have Catholic school identification cards to be admitted.
2. Once leaving the dance, there is no re-admittance.
3. Dance hours are from 7:00 to 9:00 PM and cost $7.00 to attend. Parents should arrive by 8:45 PM for pick-up.
4. Students must attend school the day of the dance.
5. Only area Catholic school students may attend.
All final dress code decisions will be determined by the administration.