This year’s dance dates & locations:
- August 26 – Holy Family
- October 6 – St. Augustin
- November – St. Anthony
- December – Holy Trinity
- January – St. Theresa
- February – Sacred Heart
- March 27 – St. Pius
- April – St. Francis
- May – St. Joseph
PAROCHIAL SCHOOL DANCE EXPECTATIONS
Each month during the school year, a Catholic school in the Des Moines metro area hosts a parochial school dance for 7th and 8th grade students. The dances are an opportunity for students from the metro Catholic schools to socialize and interact in a Christ-centered environment. The students represent the Catholic schools and are expected to act like Christians in word and deed.
The Superintendent and Parochial School Administrators expect students attending school dances to abide by the following guidelines:
1) Adult chaperones are present at all parochial school dances. Students must obey, without question, the directions of the chaperones.
2) Harassing/bullying words or actions will not be tolerated.
3) Improper touch or provocative dancing will not be tolerated.
4) Students are to tell an adult chaperone immediately of any improper conduct.
5) Most host schools provide refreshments for students to purchase. No other items (snacks, drinks, glow sticks, silly string, etc.) are allowed.
Dress Code for Parochial School Dances
In effort to promote modesty, dignity, self respect, and respect of others, the following dress code will be enforced at all parochial school dances:
- No shorts or skirts. Jeans, pants, slacks, capris, corduroys are acceptable.
- Shirts must have sleeves. T-shirts, polo style, turtlenecks, button downs, sweatshirts, sweaters, fleece are acceptable. No sleeveless shirts, tank tops or strapless shirts.
- Shirts must fit appropriately. Bare midriffs, low cut, or tight shirts are not allowed and are not appropriate attire in keeping with the guidelines of modesty and dignity.
The parochial school dances are a privilege, not a right. This means the privilege can be taken away if a student’s words, actions or attire do not merit the privilege. Students who misuse the privilege of attending the dance will be removed immediately and their parents will be contacted to pick them up.
The following are city-wide rules:
- All students must have Catholic school identification cards to be admitted.
- Once leaving the dance, there is no re-admittance.
- Dance hours are from 7:00 to 9:00 PM and cost $7.00 to attend. Parents should arrive by 8:45 PM for pick-up.
- Students must attend school the day of the dance.
- Only area Catholic school students may attend.