Tuesday, January 15th: Spirit wear
Thursday, January 17th: Home & School Meeting at 12p in the RE Conference Room.
Monday, January 21st: NO SCHOOL-Professional Development
BID 4 THE KIDS SCHOOL AUCTION will be held on February 2nd 2019!!
2018-19 yearbooks are now available to order! The St. Francis School code is 12546419 and the cost per book is $27.00. Yearbooks will be delivered to school in May.
Please consider sharing candid photos of our students taken at school sponsored events for publication in the yearbook. Send photos to email@example.com or upload them at community.lifetouch.com and use the activation code SOXMPV.
2019-20 Preschool Information Night will be held on Mon., Jan. 14, at 7p in the Parish Hall. A “Request for Enrollment” form must be completed and submitted at the Information Night or at the parish office between Monday, January 14, and Friday, January 18, 2019.
St. Francis Preschool offers three levels of programming…
- Little Learners (for 2019/20 enrollment children must be 2 yrs old by Jan. 1, 2019) – Wednesday & Friday mornings (8:35-11:05am).
- Growing Learners (for 2019/20 enrollment children must be 3 yrs. old by Sept. 15, 2019) – Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings or afternoons (8:35-11:05am or 12:20-2:50pm)
- Pre-Kindergarten Learners (for 2019/20 enrollment children must be 4 yrs. old by Sept. 15, 2019) – Monday through Thursday mornings or afternoons (8:30-11:15am or 12:15-3pm)
(All children must be toilet trained prior to attendance.)
- 2018-19 SPECIAL NOTE: If you have a child that was 4 years old by Sept. 15, 2018 or two years old by Jan. 1, 2018, and would like to seek enrollment starting in January, 2019, for this year’s second semester, please contact Tammy Myers, Preschool Director at 223-4577 Ext. 116.
FAITH & OUTREACH
SFA Nursery Orientation: The St. Francis Nursery is always welcoming new volunteers. Those interested in helping in the nursery must be in at least 6th grade and attend an orientation. There are two upcoming orientations: Tuesday, January 15th at 7p and Sunday, January 20th at 6:30p
If interested, please sign up here. For more information, contact Rebecca Bahl, nursery coordinator.
SAVE THE DATE: Vacation Bible School 2019: June 24- 28, 2019 from 9a-12p. Registration will take place in March. If you have any questions about VBS, please call the Faith Formation Office at 515-440-1030.
The Connection Café is a free lunch program that serves the homeless and low income community downtown.
- On the 3rd Wednesday of each month, a group from St. Francis of Assisi Church, serves a warm meal and brings supplies to the Connection Café.
- Each month, an email is sent out requesting help. Students can receive service hours by baking cookies, making the main dish, bagging trail mix, or laundry detergent.
Contact Stacey Dorsey to be added to the e-mail distribution list.
Donate unused hotel toiletries (mini shampoos, soap, lotion, toothpaste, etc.) to either of the GREEN bins outside the school office or in the Gathering Space by the Church.
Thanks again for all of your generous donations! St Francis truly makes a difference in our community!