Friday, December 21st: 11:20 dismissal-Merry Christmas! Classes resume on Thursday, January 3rd.
Friday, January 4th: Brazilian Twins Musical Enrichment Assembly 2p-3:15p. The twins will be sharing the story of their journey out of the slums of Brazil and will speak with the students about how their faith, setting goals and keeping a positive mindset during times of adversity changed the course of their lives. Parents are invited to attend and share in the magic of their music!
DCHS Christmas Break Soccer Camp for boys and girls U7 – U14. December 27th & 28th in the Dowling gym, 1p- 2:15p. Cost: $30.00 per player, Sign up here.
2018-19 yearbooks are now available to order! (This is your first opportunity to purchase this yearbook. Orders were not taken at registration or at the beginning of the school year.) All SFA yearbooks will be sold online via the Life Touch website. The St. Francis School code is 12546419 and the cost per book is $27.00. Yearbooks will be delivered to school in May.
Please consider sharing candid photos of our students taken at school sponsored events for publication in the yearbook. Send photos to email@example.com or upload them at community.lifetouch.com and use the activation code SOXMPV.
AEA will conduct hearing screenings on our students Kindergarten through 5th grade in January. Please click here for additional information.
2019-20 Preschool Information Night will be held on Mon., Jan. 14, at 7p in the Parish Hall to answer any questions regarding the preschool program and our enrollment process. A “Request for Enrollment” form must be completed and submitted at the Information Night or at the parish office between Monday, January 14, and Friday, January 18, 2019.
St. Francis Preschool offers three levels of programming…
- Little Learners (for 2019/20 enrollment children must be 2 yrs old by Jan. 1, 2019) – Wednesday & Friday mornings (8:35-11:05am) … Intended for the youngest classroom learner (possibly three years from Kindergarten.) Program emphasis on separating from parents, self help skills, awareness & acceptance of others, sharing space & materials, exploration and creative expression.
- Growing Learners (for 2019/20 enrollment children must be 3 yrs. old by Sept. 15, 2019) – Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings or afternoons (8:35-11:05am or 12:20-2:50pm) … Intended for the progressing early learner (possibly two years from Kindergarten.) Program emphasis on growing independence, increasing self regulation, building social & communication skills and awakening of academic interest.
- Pre-Kindergarten Learners (for 2019/20 enrollment children must be 4 yrs. old by Sept. 15, 2019) – Monday through Thursday mornings or afternoons (8:30-11:15am or 12:15-3pm) … Intended for the maturing early learner (the year before Kindergarten.) Program emphasis on school readiness skills of self confidence, character building, decision making, time management, problem solving and increasing academic interest/skill.
(All children must be toilet trained prior to attendance.)
2018-19 SPECIAL NOTE: If you have a child that was 4 years old by Sept. 15, 2018 or two years old by Jan. 1, 2018, and would like to seek enrollment starting in January, 2019, for this year’s second semester, please contact Tammy Myers, Preschool Director at 223-4577 Ext. 116.
- Click here for an auction preview.
- Purchase your Tickets!
- Donate or Sponsor this year’s event.
- Check here for information on our FREE TUITION RAFFLE!
SFA Bid 4 the Kids Class Gift Coordinators: We are in need of representatives to help coordinate class gifts for the auction on February 2, 2019. Please contact Sara Tamisiea. We are in need of gift coordinators for 3, 7 & 8th. Thank you!
HOME & SCHOOL HIGHLIGHTS
Home and School Executive Committee: Finance Position Needed. This person will be responsible for yearly budget development and tracking budget to date. Executive Committee meets the Thursday before the Monthly Home and School meeting from 8:30-9:30. Any questions or interest please contact Rick Kallimeier.
FAITH & OUTREACH
The Connection Café is a free lunch program that serves the homeless and low income community downtown.
- On the 3rd Wednesday of each month, a group from St. Francis of Assisi Church, serves a warm meal and brings supplies to the Connection Café.
- Each month, an email is sent out requesting help. Students can receive service hours by baking cookies, making the main dish, bagging trail mix, or laundry detergent.
Contact Stacey Dorsey to be added to the e-mail distribution list.
Donate unused hotel toiletries (mini shampoos, soap, lotion, toothpaste, etc.) to either of the GREEN bins outside the school office or in the Gathering Space by the Church.
Thanks again for all of your generous donations! St Francis truly makes a difference in our community!