Friday, December 7th: 7th/8th Grade Dance @ Holy Trinity 7p
Friday, December 14th: Mission Awareness Day. Click here for more information on what to bring.
December Menu Change: December 11th will be meatball sub and December 13th will be chicken & waffles, peas, applesauce and brownie.
AEA will conduct hearing screenings on our students Kindergarten through 5th grade in January. Please click here for additional information.
2019-20 Preschool Information Night will be held on Mon., Jan. 14, at 7p in the Parish Hall to launch our 2019-20 “Request for Enrollment” period and answer any questions regarding the preschool program and our enrollment process. A “Request for Enrollment” form must be completed and submitted at the Information Night or at the parish office between Monday, January 14, and Friday, January 18, 2019. St. Francis Preschool offers three levels of programming…
- Little Learners (for 2019/20 enrollment children must be 2 yrs old by Jan. 1, 2019) – Wednesday & Friday mornings (8:35-11:05am) … Intended for the youngest classroom learner (possibly three years from Kindergarten.) Program emphasis on separating from parents, self help skills, awareness & acceptance of others, sharing space & materials, exploration and creative expression.
- Growing Learners (for 2019/20 enrollment children must be 3 yrs. old by Sept. 15, 2019) – Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings or afternoons (8:35-11:05am or 12:20-2:50pm) … Intended for the progressing early learner (possibly two years from Kindergarten.) Program emphasis on growing independence, increasing self regulation, building social & communication skills and awakening of academic interest.
- Pre-Kindergarten Learners (for 2019/20 enrollment children must be 4 yrs. old by Sept. 15, 2019) – Monday through Thursday mornings or afternoons (8:30-11:15am or 12:15-3pm) … Intended for the maturing early learner (the year before Kindergarten.) Program emphasis on school readiness skills of self confidence, character building, decision making, time management, problem solving and increasing academic interest/skill.
(All children must be toilet trained prior to attendance.)
2018-19 SPECIAL NOTE: If you have a child that was 4 years old by Sept. 15, 2018 or two years old by Jan. 1, 2018, and would like to seek enrollment starting in January, 2019, for this year’s second semester, please contact Tammy Myers, Preschool Director at 223-4577 Ext. 116.
Job Opening: School nutrition has a part time position open for salad and fruit prep. Hours are 8am-1pm, Thursdays and/or Fridays. If you are looking for a great way to be part of our community, check out the school kitchen. We have an awesome team! For more information or to apply contact Cheryl.
Catholic Youth Camp Registration is Now Open! Check out these videos to find out: What makes Catholic Youth Camp so special? and why so many of our parents have chosen to send their kids.
BID 4 THE KIDS SCHOOL AUCTION
- Purchase your Tickets! Use code EARLYBIRD to take $20 off a couple ticket and $10 off an individual ticket through Friday, November 30th.
- Donate or Sponsor this year’s event.
- Check here for information on our FREE TUITION RAFFLE!
SFA Bid 4 the Kids Class Gift Coordinators: We are in need of representatives to help coordinate class gifts for the auction on February 2, 2019. Please contact Sara Tamisiea. We are in need of gift coordinators for 3, 7 & 8th. Thank you!
HOME & SCHOOL HIGHLIGHTS
Home and School Executive Committee: Finance Position Needed. This person will be responsible for yearly budget development and tracking budget to date. Executive Committee meets the Thursday before the Monthly Home and School meeting from 8:30-9:30. Any questions or interest please contact Rick Kallimeier.
FAITH & OUTREACH
Children’s Liturgy of the Word is an opportunity for children in preschool through elementary school to hear and reflect on the readings at an age-appropriate level so they understand them better. Children leave the main church assembly during the Liturgy of the Word and go to the St. Clare Room to hear a specially formatted children’s version. They return to the main church assembly before Liturgy of the Eucharist. Children’s Liturgy of the Word is beginning on December 2nd, with the start of Advent, and will take place on the first and third Sundays of the month at the 9:30 AM and 11:15 AM masses. No registration is necessary. Children are invited to attend during mass. More volunteers are needed as leaders and assistants on a monthly or bimonthly basis to further grow the program. Leaders follow a comprehensive guide that lays out exactly what to say and do, so volunteering is easy! We are especially in need of an assistant on the third Sunday of the month at the 11:15 AM mass. Please contact Jill Klubek Alonzo at email@example.com or 515-223-4577 extension 158 to learn more about volunteering.
The Connection Café is a free lunch program that serves the homeless and low income community downtown.
- On the 3rd Wednesday of each month, a group from St. Francis of Assisi Church, serves a warm meal and brings supplies to the Connection Café.
- Each month, an email is sent out requesting help. Students can receive service hours by baking cookies, making the main dish, bagging trail mix, or laundry detergent.
Contact Stacey Dorsey to be added to the e-mail distribution list.
Donate unused hotel toiletries (mini shampoos, soap, lotion, toothpaste, etc.) to either of the GREEN bins outside the school office or in the Gathering Space by the Church.
Thanks again for all of your generous donations! St Francis truly makes a difference in our community!