Friday, September 28th: Picture Make-up/Retake: order forms can be picked up in the school office for your student to bring home or preorder online (picture day ID: BN108491Q1).
Friday, September 28th: Mission Awareness Jeans Day: 8th grade will be sponsoring an out of uniform day for Meals from the Heartland. The 8th graders will also be going to help package meals in November. Our goal is to raise $2000 this year as a school, which we will take with us when we go to package the meals. Please help us reach our goal for this wonderful program that helps to feed those in need!
Help SFA win $25,000 from UnityPoint Health! The contest runs through Sept. 30 and there is no limit to how many times you can vote! Thank you for helping – vote online today!
Non-public transportation reimbursement forms are due by Dec 1. Parents, if you live 2 miles or more from St. Francis, please complete the form and submit to the school district in which you reside. This is done twice a year. If you have questions regarding your reimbursement, please contact your resident school district.
HOME & SCHOOL HIGHLIGHTS
SFA Track-a-thon Fundraiser Thank you to all who have donated to our fundraiser so far! After just one week, donations total $4,420!! Donation forms and envelopes can be returned to your child’s teacher any time before Oct. 5th. If you did not receive a donation form this week or need another one, please email Christa.
If we reach our goal of $10,000, Mrs. Hade and Mr. Aldrich will participate in an “Egg Challenge” at an all school assembly. They will be given a carton of eggs, all are hard boiled except one, and they will crack them over their heads one by one until someone gets splatted!
Thank you to Hy-Vee who is donating bottled water and a healthy snack to be handed out to the students during the event. A dietitian from the new Hy-Vee Health Market will also have a booth there that day.
This is a family friendly event and all family members are invited to attend and run, walk, or cheer on their students!
Schedule of events:
- Grades K-2 – 9a-10a
- Grades 3-5 – 10a-11a
- Grades 6-8 – 11a-12p
We are in need of Volunteers on event day for the following:
1. Supervising kids at games and fitness stations at the track
2. Handing out bottled water and snack
3. Lending a bags game or ladder ball game for use that day
Please click here if you can help. Thank you very much in advance!!
Please email Christa Lozano with any questions.
Homeroom Parent Volunteers are still needed for: Murphy, Anderson. Please email Nicole Waller if you are able to help!
Talking Canvas: Thank you to everyone who signed-up either online or at one of the back to school nights to facilitate Talking Canvas in the classroom! We have your information and you will hear from us very soon. Classroom programs begin in October. Volunteers are still needed! We will happily take volunteers for all classes, however, there are a couple of grades/classrooms where we need some extra help:
- 1st Grade: Curtin, Gaul and Murphy
- 3rd Grade: Thornton
- 4th Grade: Doyle
- 5th Grade: Anderson and Schaffer
No expertise in art is necessary, just a willingness to teach a mini lesson and facilitate an art project. We provide all lessons and materials. If you are able to help out a couple times a year, please contact Shannon Umthum or 515-689-9307.
SCRIP CLIPS: We will be selling after weekend masses.
For order forms or to learn more about Scrip, click on the links below:
- What is Scrip?
- Scrip Agreement: if you haven’t already done so, please complete the form and return to the office with your next order.
- Order Form: Submit your order and check (payable to SFA Home and School) with your child by Monday at 10am for Friday delivery. Thank you for all your support of the SCRIP program throughout the year!
- Check www.shopwithscrip.com for additional retailers available for on-line purchase. (Larger denomination cards are also available on-line.)
Contact Chris Pierson if you have any questions or would like help in setting up an on-line account.
FAITH & OUTREACH
The Connection Café is a free lunch program that serves the homeless and low income community downtown.
- On the 3rd Wednesday of each month, a group from St. Francis of Assisi Church, serves a warm meal and brings supplies to the Connection Café.
- Each month, an email is sent out requesting help. Students can receive service hours by baking cookies, making the main dish, bagging trail mix, or laundry detergent.
Contact Stacey Dorsey to be added to the e-mail distribution list.
Donate unused hotel toiletries (mini shampoos, soap, lotion, toothpaste, etc.) to either of the GREEN bins outside the school office or in the Gathering Space by the Church.
Thanks again for all of your generous donations! St Francis truly makes a difference in our community!