Monday, April 2nd: Easter Monday-NO SCHOOL
DCHS 2018 Girls Swimming & Diving Team Informational Meeting: Thursday, April 19 at 6p in the DCHS media center. Please email Head Coach Frankie Hanson to RSVP.
Dowling Catholic Dimensions Show Choir Auditions will be held on Friday, May 4th from 3:10- 6pm in the DCHS choir room. These auditions are open to current 8th graders. Students should attend at least one choreography audition workshop to receive all the audition materials. Workshops will be held on:
- Monday, April 30 from 7-7:50a and 5:30-6:30p
- Tuesday, May 1 from 7:15-8:15a and 5:30-6:30p
- Wednesday, May 2 from 7-7:50a and 3:30-4:30p
- Thursday, May 3 from 7:15-8:15a and 5:30-6:30p.
Students are welcome to attend as many of these sessions as they wish.
DMAARC Food Pantry Fundraiser April 13th: Join us for Trivia Night at St. Francis of Assisi Friday, April 13, 7 pm, St. Francis of Assisi: $25 per person or $200 per team.
We are looking to add to our sub list for classroom associates in grades Kindergarten through 2nd, and for classroom teachers and related arts teachers in grades Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Classroom associates hours are 7:55 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Classroom teachers hours vary from 1/2 days to whole days. (A substitute license or teacher license is required.)
If you’re interested please contact Ann Aljets, administrative assistant in the school office.
St. Francis Preschool Employment Opportunity: St. Francis Preschool is seeking a part-time Staff Associate/On-Call Sub. Individual will assist in preschool classrooms (Monday, Wednesday morning and Thursday) as well as be available and willing to work hours outside regular schedule to provide for possible program substitute staffing needs. Promising candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic and have a passion for working with preschool age children as well as drawn to a collaborative, teamwork environment and eager to learn themselves. Early childhood care or teaching experience is a plus but not required. Health and safety pre-service training is required and provided. To obtain additional information and application specifics, please email Tammy Myers, Preschool Director or call 515-223-4577×116.
Order your 2017-2018 SFA Yearbook online (school code:12546418). The cost is $23.00 per book and will be delivered to students in May. Upload candid photos from school sponsored events to be considered for the yearbook by clicking here (school activation code is WELWZD). Thanks in advance for your help!
Wednesday Rosary Join us in saying the rosary before school mass on Wednesdays in the Assisi room at 8:15a. Contact Sheila Thelen with questions.
HOME & SCHOOL HIGHLIGHTS
Home & School Elections: Home and School is our parent organization that funds many vital activities at St. Francis School. It will be holding elections this spring for President Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, and Communications Secretary. Anyone that is interested in becoming involved with the Executive Committee should contact Kathy Bagby or Kayren Davidson. The following committee chair positions are also open: Prize Cart, Hospitality, and Yearbook co-chair. Please contact Kathy Bagby for more information regarding these positions.
For order forms or to learn more about Scrip, click on the links below:
- What is Scrip?
- Scrip Agreement: if you haven’t already done so, please complete the form and return to the office with your next order.
- Order Form: Submit your order and check (payable to SFA Home and School) with your child by Monday at 10am for Friday delivery. Thank you for all your support of the SCRIP program throughout the year!
- Check www.shopwithscrip.com for additional retailers available for on-line purchase. (Larger denomination cards are also available on-line.)
Contact Christa Lozano if you have any questions or would like help in setting up an on-line account.
FAITH & OUTREACH
Sunday Mass Childcare: Jesus said “Let the children come to me” (Mark 10:14) and so we encourage families to bring their children of all ages to Liturgy as often as they can. We also realize that some parents may prefer to leave young children in a fun, safe, Christ-centered environment so they can get more out of their time at Mass. For these families, we offer childcare for children 6 months through 3 years old during the 9:30 and 11:15 Sunday Mass. Registration is not required however it is recommended for organizational purposes. Space is limited and registration does not guarantee a spot. Childcare availability is on a first come, first served basis.
VBS Save the Date: June 11th-15th – 9am-Noon for 4 year olds through children entering 6th grade. Volunteers needed! Click on the link above for more information.
The Saint Francis Homeless and Hungry Committee supports our community by serving 3 local shelters. Volunteers are needed to help provide that support.
The Connection Café is a free lunch program that serves the homeless and low income community downtown.
- Each day, over 150-200 meals are served to men, women and children.
- On the 3rd Wednesday of each month, a group from St. Francis of Assisi Church, serves a warm meal and brings supplies to the Connection Café.
- Each month, an email is sent out requesting help. Students can receive service hours by baking cookies, making the main dish, bagging trail mix, or laundry detergent.
Contact Stacey Dorsey to be added to the e-mail distribution list.
Donate unused hotel toiletries (mini shampoos, soap, lotion, toothpaste, etc.) to either of the GREEN bins outside the school office or in the Gathering Space by the Church. Thanks again for all of your generous donations! St Francis truly makes a difference in our community!
Central Iowa Shelter and Services (CISS) Central Iowa Shelter & Services’ Mission is to provide low-barrier shelter, meals and support services at no cost to adults experiencing homelessness and to facilitate their move toward self-sufficiency.
- On average 200-250 meals are served, rising to nearly 300 during the winter months.
- St Francis provides/serves a meal on the 9th and 10th of every month.
- Volunteers are needed to purchase, prepare and serve the meals.
- Volunteers can sign up individually or a group can provide an entire meal.
Contact Lisa Altringer to be added to the email distribution list.
St Joseph Emergency Family Shelter is the only emergency shelter in Polk County where the entire family unit can stay together. They provide safe, clean housing for homeless families for a limited stay.
- On the 2nd Saturday of each month, a group from St. Francis provides a meal to the shelter. There are several service opportunities for students.
Please contact Kim Mallisee to be added to the e-mail distribution list.