Monday, January 15th: NO SCHOOL- Professional Development
Tuesday, January 16th: Spirit Wear Day
Thursday, January 18th: Home & School Meeting @ 12p
Friday, January 19th: 7th/8th Grade Dance @ St. Theresa’s-7p
SFA Girl Scout All Star Daddy Daughter Dance! Saturday, January 20, 7p-9p in the Parish Hall. The cost of admission is $15 per couple, $20 if you have an additional player(s). Dress to represent your favorite sport/team! Please RSVP by January 12th by sending a check to: Troop #464. Mail checks to: Nicole Waller 2085 NW 136th St. Clive, Iowa 50325
Boy Scout Troop 888 Fundraiser: Remember the pulled pork you had at Francis Fest? Now is your chance to purchase some for quick meals, a snack or to serve at your Super Bowl party. Cost is $8.00 per pound. We will take orders after all masses the weekends of January 20th /21st & January 27th /28th , or you can place an order with a scout you know. All orders can be picked up after masses on the weekend of February 3rd /4th . Questions or orders can also be directed to Craig Stalzer
Calling all Elementary and Middle School Musicians! All 3rd-8th students of the parish are invited to participate in St. Francis of Assisi Children’s Choir and Middle School Choir! Each group is scheduled to lead the music for weekend Masses on a monthly basis. Please come, lead the music and sing for God! We need you!
- Children’s Choir (grades 3-5) meets on Wednesdays from 5:45p-6:15p in the school music room. Contact Mrs. Lindsay Struecker for more information.
- Middle School Choir (grades 6-8) meets on Wednesdays beginning January 10th from 5:45p-6:15p in the St. Clare Room. Service hours may be earned for participation in middle school parish choir. Contact Mrs. Audra Meyer for more information.
Chess Club will be held in the the Sierra room. Students from all grades are welcome to join us every Friday from 7:15a-8a. Come prepared to have fun and to learn how to play chess. Contact Sergio Bravo or John Schumacher with questions. Parents are encouraged join us to for as many sessions as your schedule allows to help supervise.
Dowling’s Peer Tutors will start back up on Tuesday, January 16.
It’s time to order your 2017-2018 SFA Yearbook online (school code:12546418). Yearbooks cost $23.00 per book and will be delivered to students in May.
PLEASE NOTE: this is your first opportunity to order.
We would love to include candid photos taken by parents and students at school sponsored events! Upload photos from school sponsored events to be considered for the yearbook by clicking here (school activation code is WELWZD). Thanks in advance for your help!
Wednesday Rosary Join us in saying the rosary before school mass on Wednesdays in the Assisi room at 8:15a. Contact Sheila Thelen with questions.
School lunch is in need of additional volunteers for the serving line. This is a fun way to visit with your children and their classmates in a casual atmosphere. The volunteer shift is from 11:00a to 12:20p, once or twice a month. Schedule is set in advance for the school year so you can plan ahead. If you are interested or would like additional information contact Cheryl.
Waukee Community Closet aims to benefit students and families in need within all of Dallas County by taking in clothing and monetary donations and providing high quality clothing (pre-worn as well as new) at no charge. By taking care of these basic necessities, it has been shown that students are able to focus on their school work without feeling self-conscious about their lack of clean or well-fitting clothes. Click here for drop off/shopping hours.
Dowling Soccer Club (ages U9-U14) Rec Registration is open for the spring season! The registration deadline is Monday, January 22nd. Cost is $95. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
ISU Extension & Outreach is offering 2 programs:Strengthening Families Program for parents of 10-14 year olds & Great Beginnings for Families for parents of 0-6 year olds
HOME & SCHOOL HIGHLIGHTS
SCRIP CLIPS: For order forms or to learn more about Scrip, click on the links below:
- What is Scrip?
- Scrip Agreement: if you haven’t already done so, please complete the form and return to the office with your next order.
- Order Form: Submit your order and check (payable to SFA Home and School) with your child by Monday at 10am for Friday delivery. Thank you for all your support of the SCRIP program throughout the year!
- Check www.shopwithscrip.com for additional retailers available for on-line purchase. (Larger denomination cards are also available on-line.)
Contact Christa Lozano if you have any questions or would like help in setting up an on-line account.
FAITH & OUTREACH
The Saint Francis Homeless and Hungry Committee supports our community by serving 3 local shelters. Volunteers are needed to help provide that support.
The Connection Café is a free lunch program that serves the homeless and low income community downtown.
- Each day, over 150-200 meals are served to men, women and children.
- On the 3rd Wednesday of each month, a group from St. Francis of Assisi Church, serves a warm meal and brings supplies to the Connection Café.
- Each month, an email is sent out requesting help. Students can receive service hours by baking cookies, making the main dish, bagging trail mix, or laundry detergent.
Contact Stacey Dorsey to be added to the e-mail distribution list.
Donate unused hotel toiletries (mini shampoos, soap, lotion, toothpaste, etc.) to either of the GREEN bins outside the school office or in the Gathering Space by the Church. Thanks again for all of your generous donations! St Francis truly makes a difference in our community!
Central Iowa Shelter and Services (CISS) Central Iowa Shelter & Services’ Mission is to provide low-barrier shelter, meals and support services at no cost to adults experiencing homelessness and to facilitate their move toward self-sufficiency.
- On average 200-250 meals are served, rising to nearly 300 during the winter months.
- St Francis provides/serves a meal on the 9th and 10th of every month.
- Volunteers are needed to purchase, prepare and serve the meals.
- Volunteers can sign up individually or a group can provide an entire meal.
Contact Lisa Altringer to be added to the email distribution list.
St Joseph Emergency Family Shelter is the only emergency shelter in Polk County where the entire family unit can stay together. They provide safe, clean housing for homeless families for a limited stay.
- On the 2nd Saturday of each month, a group from St. Francis provides a meal to the shelter. There are several service opportunities for students.
Please contact Kim Mallisee to be added to the e-mail distribution list.